HOME
Head of West Coast Operations (San Francisco Chapter) Chief Empowerment Officer (New York Chapter) Head of European Outreach & High School Program Development (Truckee) Chief Empowerment Officer (New York Chapter) Music & Outreach (New York Chapter) Legal and Editorial Counsel (Missoula Chapter) Chief Editorial Officer (New York Chapter) Yale Envirolution Conferenc Co-Organizers (Yale Chapter) Head of Mobilizing and Organizing (Chico Chapter) Head of the Evnirolution Challange & Head of Operations (New Haven Chapter) Chief Empowerment Officer & Head of Envirolution Experience (Reno Chapter) Web and IT Counsel (Peru Chapter) Co-Organizer of Envirolution Experience (Reno Chapter) General Counsel Media & Design (New York Chapter) High School Correspondent (Reno Chapter) Chief Financial Advisor (New York Chapter) PowerPoint PIMP (New York Chapter) Head of Operations (Chico Chapter) Chief Editorial Officer (New York Chapter) Head of Arts Outreach (New York Chapter) Head of Multi-Media and Design (New York Chapter) Envirolution Actor (New York Chapter) Environmental Education Consultant (New York Chapter) Chief Financial Advisor (New York Chapter) General Counsel (LA Chapter) Chief of Strategy (New York Chapter) Envirolution Mom (Reno Chapter) General Counsel (Plattsburg Chapter) General Counsel (San Francisco Chapter) Co-Organizer of the Yale Envirolution Conference (Yale Chapter) Chief Educational Officer (New York Chapter) Chief Editorial Officer (Reno Chapter) Chief Educational Officer (New York Chapter) Head of Performing Arts (New York Cahpter) Entrepreneurship and Clean-Tech Advisor (San Francisco Chapter) General Counsel and Government Liason (Washington DC Chapter) Environmental Counsel (New Haven Chapter) Head Consultant Construction General Counsel (Truckee Chapter) Chief Empowerment Officer (New York Chapter) Sol'Jibe (Reno Chapter) Head of the Yale Envirolution Conference (Yale Chapter) Chief Educational Officer (New York Chapter)

Monday, February 19, 2007

Alex Gamboa


Name: Alex Gamboa
E-mail: gamboa@envirolution.org
Envirolution Challenge Score: 81

Why I want to be part of Envirolution:
Wow, I could write a book on why I want to be a part of Envirolution. But I'll try and cut it down. Most importantly is that I truly believe that there is a better way for humans to live together and with our environment. Our generation has set before us a challenge. Not only an environmental challenge, but also social, political, ideological and economical challenges. I believe our generation is going to lead a Green Revolution in which we are much more altruistic in our endeavors. We will take into account, in both our personal and business lives, our impact on the environment and the community around us. Gone will be the days of profit being the bottom line, and arriving is the Triple Bottom Line. Taking into account financial gains as well as environmental and social impacts will enhance the wealth of everyone. We are going to shift into a sustainable world that is extremely profitable and efficient.
I also just want to show everyone how easy it is to make a difference by doing small things everyday. It does not require us to change our entire lifestyles and make huge sacrifices. It only requires adopting new habits and values and making them a part of your everyday life. I want people to feel empowered by living this way and feel that they are living a more fulfilling life.

What I can contribute to Envirolution:
I can contribute everything I have. I love people, all people. I want to reach out to these people. I want to educate and empower them to make this change. I believe my people skills and my ability to interact with all walks of life will enable me to help Envirolution in the goal of reaching as many people as possible.
I will contribute a full love, belief and faith in this movement that people will feel.
Everyday I will bring an extreme enthusiasm and energy that I hope will be contagious.
I will give the full passion that I live my life by to achieving the aims of Envirolution.
I am not afraid to make personal sacrifices for the common good of everybody.

What I am currently working on for Envirolution:
Organizing and Mobilizing the Envirolution:
-This includes a wide array of organizational and administrative details and logistics in getting this organization off the ground.
-Trying to hype up and recruit as many people to join us in this cause.
-Contacting current leaders in the green movement to align with us and serve as mentors.
-I plan on working on funding initiatives.
-I am constantly brainstorming for new, innovative ideas to make this Envirolution dream a reality.
-I'm working on the mission statement, the Call, and other information that will go into the website.
Essentially I am helping to in the creation of the forum, network, and platform so that everyone can work together.

What I am into, besides Envirolution:
Music, sports-mainly hoops, enjoying the beauty of nature, traveling (I love traveling and learning and experiencing a new culture), hiking, biking, swimming, dancing (I would definitely love to learn all different types of dancing from salsa to swing), reading, and in the future I fully intend on learning to play the piano and I have a secret passion for sailing and want to sail the entire world on my own boat.

Suggested article, website, book:

https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wired.com%2Fwired%2Farchive%2F14.05%2Fgreen_pr.html -WOW! Explains why this the Envirolution is going to be so successful and why it's needed

From Green to Gold, by Dan Esty and Andrew Winston

https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgreenerchoices.org%2F -This can educate you on how to live green!


Back to the Top

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Alex. I was flyering for the Cape Cod Sustianability Fest and I met a person that gave me you card. So I just checked it out. The envirolution is amazing. Keep it up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home