Anthony Jackson
Name: Anthony "Knox" JacksonEmail: knoxestate@aim.com
Envirolution Challenge Score: ??
Why I want to be part of Envirolution:
Honestly, it's because these are the facts. The truth speaks for itself, the world is on the verge of an over dose. It's time someone stepped in for the better sake of decision making and intervened. For me, this is how it happened. I met these guys (Alex, Antuan and Tim) at least a year ago in NYC and at the time, I was the last person thinking about environmental sustainability. I used to be the guy in the city who drove an SUV and threw McDonald's rappers out the window as I drove (sorry). I mean don't get me wrong even then, small issues would arise in my life that would make me think about the environment. For example, one of the most alarming thoughts was one day when I was driving and I tossed something. The woman I was with in my vehicle asked me to pull over, so I did. She looked at me dead in my face and said, "I want to tell you something". She said, "Ant, think about this for a second. Imagine every thing you throw out the window piling up in one spot. Now picture that same spot years from now. It would be a lot bigger. It would be big enough to acknowledge and dislike. Now picture that pile still being there, even bigger when your little girl is growing up. Do you really want her around all that ?" That woman, had a very good
point. and I understood. After really hanging out with these guys and hearing the admiration and true concern for the earth they shared. It dawned on me. This isn't just "my world", even though this is "my life" this isn't my world. And if we don't care for it now, who's going to care for it when it's too late ?
What I can contribute to Envirolution:
I'm here to spread the word.
I can offer my verbal creativity and much more. I am a song writer and performer as you might have seen (60 second video). I might put a new video every month or so discussing other issues. I grew up in NYC almost my entire life. I know a lot of people (artists, musicians and so on..)and will not hesitate to use those connections to benefit The Envirolution. I am not hesitant on being social and outgoing with complete strangers from any background. I represent the big urban city style side of the spectrum. Us, city people have grown up causing so much global damage and have not been properly educated at the times we should have been. I think coming from this type of background (big city kid), an "insider" may be able to break down a lot of the rebellion from urban retrospect. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling and like Isaac said, "an object in motion will stay in motion, unless effected by an outside force"
What I am currently working on for Envirolution:
I just shot one 60 sec. video. I'm working on a FULL song for Envirolution. Something that gets as in depth and as most explanatory as possible. Knowledge is power, I'm hear to spread the word. I'm great at getting people's attention, give me ears and I'll give you something to listen to.
What I am into, besides Envirolution:
Real Estate, Music, Writing, Bikes, Skateboards, and anything that will get your adrenaline pumping.
Suggested article, website, book:
This website is a great start. It is very informative for those who nothing of the cause. Like I said though, even I'm still in the process of being converted. So for now, take a look at the others' suggestions.
Back to the Top











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home