David Gibson

Name: David Gibson
Email: davidgibson1@gmail.com
Envirolution Challenge Score: ??
Why I want to be a part of The Envirolution:
Previous generations have done a lot of damage to the environment and natural world. At the rate we're going, the planet we know and love will be destroyed. I want to lead the world into sustainability.
I am working on a business plan to start a biodiesel production company, using algae as a feedstock.
What I can contribute to The Envirolution:
Blood, sweat, and ideas. Knowledge of green building ideas and processes as well as renewable energy. I am an entrepreneur, and think that profitable green businesses are the key to making changes.
What I am currently working on for The Envirolution:
People and groups to contact for the conference.
What I am into, besides The Envirolution:
Skiing, biking, hiking and camping, and generally anything outdoors. Skydiving, SCUBA diving, and other adrenaline sports. I want to learn to kite-board and hangglide.
Travelling - After spending two months in London, two months in Namibia and South Africa, and two months in the Turks & Caicos Islands, I've decided I want to go everywhere in the world
I prefer developing to developed nations, because the people seem to get more out of life, they're not stuck in a 9-5 job that they hate. Also, I think it will be easier to institute change as countries develop, instead of fighting bureaucracy and lobbiests in the US and developed countries.
Reading and learning constantly, and I won't stop.
I like trying new things, and I'm up for anything.
I like to cook almost as much as I like to eat and try new foods...
I work as a Field Engineer and Project Safety Manager for Whiting-Turner Contracting Company, and right now I'm working on a LEED laboratory building at the Yale School of Medicine. I am studying to become a LEED Accredited Professional.
Suggested article, website, book:
http://www.unh.edu/p2/biodiesel/article_alge.html
http://www.soyil.com - Soyil biodiesel website. I worked with these guys in college, and they're gonna go places.
Reading the book "Plan B, Rescuing a Planet under stress and a civilization in trouble" by Lester Brown made me see how immenent the problems are, but also gave some hope that its possible. Absolutely awesome book.
Back to the Top











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home