HOME
Head of West Coast Operations (San Francisco Chapter) Chief Empowerment Officer (New York Chapter) Head of European Outreach & High School Program Development (Truckee) Chief Empowerment Officer (New York Chapter) Music & Outreach (New York Chapter) Legal and Editorial Counsel (Missoula Chapter) Chief Editorial Officer (New York Chapter) Yale Envirolution Conferenc Co-Organizers (Yale Chapter) Head of Mobilizing and Organizing (Chico Chapter) Head of the Evnirolution Challange & Head of Operations (New Haven Chapter) Chief Empowerment Officer & Head of Envirolution Experience (Reno Chapter) Web and IT Counsel (Peru Chapter) Co-Organizer of Envirolution Experience (Reno Chapter) General Counsel Media & Design (New York Chapter) High School Correspondent (Reno Chapter) Chief Financial Advisor (New York Chapter) PowerPoint PIMP (New York Chapter) Head of Operations (Chico Chapter) Chief Editorial Officer (New York Chapter) Head of Arts Outreach (New York Chapter) Head of Multi-Media and Design (New York Chapter) Envirolution Actor (New York Chapter) Environmental Education Consultant (New York Chapter) Chief Financial Advisor (New York Chapter) General Counsel (LA Chapter) Chief of Strategy (New York Chapter) Envirolution Mom (Reno Chapter) General Counsel (Plattsburg Chapter) General Counsel (San Francisco Chapter) Co-Organizer of the Yale Envirolution Conference (Yale Chapter) Chief Educational Officer (New York Chapter) Chief Editorial Officer (Reno Chapter) Chief Educational Officer (New York Chapter) Head of Performing Arts (New York Cahpter) Entrepreneurship and Clean-Tech Advisor (San Francisco Chapter) General Counsel and Government Liason (Washington DC Chapter) Environmental Counsel (New Haven Chapter) Head Consultant Construction General Counsel (Truckee Chapter) Chief Empowerment Officer (New York Chapter) Sol'Jibe (Reno Chapter) Head of the Yale Envirolution Conference (Yale Chapter) Chief Educational Officer (New York Chapter)

Monday, February 19, 2007

Kyla Porter





Name: Kyla

Why I want to be part of The Envirolution:
I love nature and I want to be able to hang out in beautiful places without worrying that it might be at risk of vanishing. I love breathing clean air, and I hate seeing trash on the ground. I love trees, and flowers and hybrids. I don't like SUVs or litter bugs.

What I can contribute to The Envirolution:
I am hoping to contribute my spirit to the Envirolution, and for starters make my friends and family aware of the huge task at hand that we must face A-SAP. What I am currently working on for The Envirolution: I am planning on curating an exhibition at NYU some time in the spring that shows artists who deal with pressing issues surrounding the environment, as well as celebrating its beauty. The aim of the show is to educate those involved and attending of the cause of the Envirolution. The ideas are in place, it is our task to rally the troops and start the revolution!

What I am into, besides The Envirolution:
I love art, going to museums and galleries and fairs. I am a pretty good seamstress, I know how to crochet, so if you need a winter scarf you know where to come. I like being outdoors, exploring new stuff and traveling. I am always up to do anything out of the ordinary. I think sharks and snakes are cool and I love kitties. Soccer, skiing, shopping and just chillin with friends.



Suggested article, website, book, Article:
Search Power Takes a Stand for Sun Power https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2006%2F10%2F17%2Ftechnology%2F17solar.html%3Fref%3Denvironment. Google is building solar panels on top of all their buildings in the bay area (my home town!!!) which will provide for them 30% of their daily use of energy. The project is expected to cost around $10 million, but Google isn't worried because the project will eventually pay for itself. Google also hopes to set the trend among big companies to become greener.

Back to the Top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home