Mike Dunaghey

Name: Michael S. Donaghey
E-mail: paz.delamente@gmail.com
Why I want to be part of The Envirolution:
Because more than 90% of the world's fresh waters are contaminated. Because Arctic mothers can no longer breastfeed their children due to PCB, mercury and other contaminants that have bio-accumulated in the whale and seal meat that is a mainstay of the traditional diet. Because GMO crops are the norm not the exception. Because we have reached Peak Oil and the worst is yet to come. Because someone will read this and ask a question and together we can light the paths to the answers.
What I can contribute to The Envirolution:
Energy! Support and insight to mobilize the masses be it through direct communication at colleges, on a street corner or through conversation over a pint Guinness. I'm creative, artistic, play guitar, write poetry, deliver spoken word, studied photography, journalism, and hold a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology. I have contacts along the East Coast, Canada, Alaska, and Mexico. I speak, read, and write Spanish, though not fluently. But overall I believe it is my outgoing, engaging personality paired with a genuine desire to affect change that will prove most valuable in our Envirolution. I can see myself contributing in the areas of Public Relations, Marketing, Research, Writing, and on-the-ground mobilization of support as alluded to earlier.
What I am currently working on for The Envirolution:
-Adding to the Call to our Generation.-Spreading the word to those who can contribute to the cause, trying to get a radio plug atSkidmore College, Plattsburgh and St. Rose Universities.-Contacting speakers and bands in the Northeast for the April conference at Yale.-Reading from Green to Gold and Grass-Roots Postmodernism.-Spreading the Envirolution this weekend at Plattsburgh State University.

What I am into, besides The Envirolution:
-Meditation, travel, snowboarding, music, conversation, making the difference, daily, in the lives of autistic triplets in Mt. Kisco, NY.
Suggested article, website, book:
https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bioplaneta.com%2Fbioing%2F
https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ejobs.org%2F
https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.banderadelapaz.org%2Fbandera%2Findex.shtml
Radical Simplicity by Jim Merkel
Just came across this site when searching for Jim:https://www.mail.yale.edu/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simplicityforum.org%2Faboutus.html
Back to the Top











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home